What are the benefits of Safenetix Certification?
Subscribe to our Blog
Safenetix Certification is a voluntary program that tests and certifies your achievement of a professional level of knowledge and skill in the field of fire and smoke damper inspection. When you become a Safenetix Certified Fire and Smoke Damper Inspection Technician, you are recognized by your peers and the public as a fire safety professional who has attained a generally-accepted level of knowledge in areas such as code requirements, fire and smoke damper functionality, diagnosis, maintenance practices, safety, and other subject and practice areas within the passive fire protection profession as identified through periodic job task analyses. Hiring a Certified Fire and Smoke Damper Inspection Technician provides building owners, facility managers, and government decision-makers the opportunity to become better informed about proper passive fire protection maintenance and their selection of service providers based on the expertise represented by your credential.
Achieving Safenetix Certification also builds your self-image. By studying for and passing the certification exam, you demonstrate a dedication to your own professional development and the advancement of ethical fire safety practices. The process of becoming Safenetix Certified and maintaining the designation provides you with personal incentive to continue your inspection education and training. Presenting your Safenetix credential to potential employers makes you more competitive in the job market, and for employers, encouraging Fire and Smoke Damper Certification is a tool to assist in training their existing facilities personnel.
Which areas of knowledge will the Certified Fire and Smoke Damper Inspection Technician Exam cover?
The certification examination is developed by a panel of industry experts representing all aspects of fire and smoke dampers. Questions are derived from a job task analysis survey filled out by technicians from around the country. Questions are continually analyzed by the Safenetix Certification Test Committee using the latest test statistics, and new questions are always being developed and tested for satisfactory performance. Updated examinations are created on a regular basis.
What are the objectives of the Certified Fire and Smoke Damper Inspection Technician Program?
Safenetix’s objectives for offering professional credentials are to:
- Advance the knowledge and ethical inspection of fire and smoke damper in commercial facilities;
- Improve technical competency of personnel in the fire safety industry;
- Create incentives for individuals to continue their professional development;
- Provide the public and those in the industry with a means to identify professionals who have demonstrated by passing a professionally-developed exam that they have thorough knowledge and skill in tree care practices.
What is the certifying body behind the certificate?
Why is Accreditation important? Becoming ANSI Accredited means that the Safenetix Fire and Smoke Damper Inspector Certification meets the highest of standards. This provides an added level of confidence in the certification and the people who hold the credential. It also protects the integrity of the Safenetix programs.
About the American National Standards Institute
As the voice of the U.S. standards and conformity assessment system, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) empowers its members and constituents to strengthen the U.S. marketplace position in the global economy while helping to assure the safety and health of consumers and the protection of the environment.
The Institute oversees the guidelines that directly impact businesses in nearly every industry and is widely recognized in the facilities industry as being the “Cadillac” of third party certifications.
Benefits of ANSI Accreditation
- Due to a high degree of integrity and confidence that is associated with ANSI accreditation process, ANSI accreditation is generally recognized as the highest standard in personnel certification accreditation.
- The standard used by ANSI to accredit certification bodies is an American National Standard as well as an ISO/IEC Standard.
- ANSI follows an internationally recognized process for accrediting organizations.
- ANSI has a historical track record of successfully conducting accreditation of certification programs drawn from different industry sectors.
When will the Certification Exam be available?
Fill out the form below to be notified when the Certification Exam is ready. We’ll be sure to let you know the minute it becomes available. Still have questions? Fill out the form on our contact page and we’ll be in touch to answer any questions you might have about this exciting opportunity to further your career.