The Value of an Online Fire and Smoke Damper Training Certification
Subscribe to our Blog
Safenetix Certification is a voluntary program that tests and certifies your achievement of a professional level of knowledge and skill in the field of fire and smoke damper inspection. When you become a Safenetix Certified Fire and Smoke Damper Inspection Technician, you are recognized by your peers and the public as a fire safety professional who has attained a generally-accepted level of knowledge in areas such as code requirements, fire and smoke damper functionality, diagnosis, maintenance practices, safety, and other subject and practice areas within the passive fire protection profession as identified through periodic job task analyses. Hiring a Certified Fire and Smoke Damper Inspection Technician provides building owners, facility managers, and government decision-makers the opportunity to become better informed about proper passive fire protection maintenance and their selection of service providers based on the expertise represented by your credential.
Achieving Safenetix Certification also builds your self-image. By studying for and passing the certification exam, you demonstrate a dedication to your own professional development and the advancement of ethical fire safety practices. The process of becoming Safenetix Certified and maintaining the designation provides you with personal incentive to continue your inspection education and training. Presenting your Safenetix credential to potential employers makes you more competitive in the job market, and for employers, encouraging Fire and Smoke Damper Certification is a tool to assist in training their existing facilities personnel.
The Power of Safenetix Credentials
Earning a Safenetix Credential is a voluntary activity that demonstrates you have the knowledge and skills to properly inspection fire and smoke dampers in virtually any type of facility and that you possess a high level of dedication to your profession and your community. Safenetix Credential holders understand the importance of continued education to increase their expertise and advance their careers?
How does Safenetix Credentialing Benefits Your Career?
The fire safety profession has experienced rapid growth over the past decade, and there is a significant amount of knowledge required to perform asset inspections at the highest level. Displaying your Safenetix Credential helps the industry and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s) identify you as a knowledgeable, experienced fire safety individual who is committed to properly inspection fire and smoke dampers.
Need more reasons to become Safenetix Credentialed?
- Your Safenetix Credential allows facilities seeking a fire safety technician the opportunity to make an informed selection on who they contract work to based on the knowledge and advanced training you demonstrate as a credential holder.
- Experiencing the process and achievement of earning and maintaining your Safenetix Credential provides you incentives to continue your ongoing professional development.
- Employers view Safenetix Credentials as a tool for both training their existing personnel and selecting new employees.
- Holding a Safenetix Credential can lead to increased income and open the door to new opportunities for professional advancement.
- Safenetix Credentials help set you apart from the competition and give you a competitive edge in today’s economy.
- When multiple individuals bid for the same job, your Safenetix Credentials can be a deciding factor in securing the contract.
Ready to become Safenetix Credentialed?
Our fire and smoke damper inspection course, fire door inspection course and rolling fire door courses are currently in the process of obtaining an ANSI certification. We expect to have our courses credentialed during Q2 of this year. Want to be the first to know when the certification is available? Sign up here and we will let you know!