10 Remarkable Statistics about Online Learning
Subscribe to our Blog
No doubt about it, eLearning (online learning) has really taken off in the past few years – particularly this year. Any of us with kids or those of us who are current students ourselves, have been forced to make the switch to online learning because of the pandemic – and probably made the switch without much notice. While there is a learning curve to online education, it can prove to be highly effective. The key is that you have to find the RIGHT curriculum and the right tools to really make the most out of it.
As facility managers, safety professionals, engineers and maintenance personnel that are responsible for the safety and well-being of building occupants, we are experiencing a real problem when it comes to maintaining the safety of our buildings. The pandemic has made the already difficult job of facility maintenance almost impossible. With so many things shut down, so many essential contractors having trouble getting access to buildings, so many facility managers and facility engineers struggling to get the funds they need to perform necessary routine building maintenance, many are struggling to keep their buildings safe. Relying on technology for solutions to problems from afar could very well be the answer. What if you and your team could perform necessary safety inspections and maintenance yourselves?
These facts and figures will give you a snapshot of the current state of the eLearning landscape and ways to incorporate successful eLearning strategies into your day to day business. Take a look – I think you’ll be surprised how successful it can be.
10 Stats You Probably Didn’t Know:
- 98% of US corporations plan on incorporating online learning into their training programs in 2020 – and this data was collected well before the pandemic hit this year. This number is likely much, much higher given the current corporate climate.
- eLearning has led to an increase in income by 42% of US organizations, according to Global Industry Analysts. What would you do with that much extra money in your salary each year?
- A survey of 2,500 companies found that those with comprehensive training programs have 218% higher revenue per employee and 24% higher profit margins. Think about that. The ROI for online learning more than pays for itself.
- For those of us who are concerned about our beautiful planet (like me), eLearning courses produce 86% fewer Greenhouse Gases. Given that eLearning can be done remotely, there is no need for students to commute – the reduced travel time cuts carbon emissions. A single eLearning course can produce up to 86% less Co2 emissions than a comparable in-person course. That’s a BIG win-win.
- Self paced online courses lead to 15-20% increase in productivity by employees. When employees feel comfortable with the topic at hand and confident in their skillset, they can make decisions quicker and move through their work more efficiently.
- eLearning students learn nearly 5 times more material in the same amount of time as a student in a traditional setting.
- 58% of Employees prefer to learn at their own pace. If given a choice, employees would prefer to learn at their own pace, around their own schedule, and on their own time.
- Big companies such as IBM, Rockwell Collins, and Ernst & Young have reduced training costs by up to 40% by making the switch to online training, according to Judith Strotherm author of “An Assessment of the Effectiveness of eLearning in Corporate Training Programs”.
- According to GoContractor research, the retention rate for face-to-face training is 8% to 10%. But the retention rate for e-learning is 25% to 60%. With online training, you’ll get them trained for less money and keep them longer.
- Learning online typically requires 40-60% less employee time than learning the same material in the traditional training setting
So there you have it, some of the most important statistics related to online learning and digital education. It’s a fact that online learning is the future and will undoubtedly replace land-based learning in the future. Just think about what this could mean for your facility and incorporating online training into your training protocol for your staff. We all know by now that life can be a bit unpredictable. Thanks to the internet, more people than ever can get the training they need at their own pace, and Safenetix has risen to fill that demand. Ready to get started? Take the first step by signing up for one of our online safety training courses today. Still not sure? Contact us today with any questions you might have and help you come up with a plan to get started.