This support documentation was designed to help you get started in your new Safenetix account.
The first few sections will focus on the web application (app.safenetix.com) and how to get your account set up with all the necessary users, locations, and jobs. After that we’ll go through how you’ll use the Mobile App for conducting inspections, the results of which will be recorded in your account so that your organization can review the results of those jobs and generate reports.
You can add more users to your organization, but keep in mind you can only have so many Administrator users depending on your subscription. Users can only be added by your organization’s Administrators.
Here’s how to add a user to your organization:
- Log into your Safenetix account and click Users in the left navigation.
- Once on the Users page, click the Add User button in the top right corner.
- A screen should pop up with all the required fields needed for a new user. Most of these fields are fairly straightforward but here’s some more information to keep in mind:
- Email – The new user will enter this for logging in purposes and any email notifications from Safenetix will go to this email address.
- Password – Initial password used for logging in. After the first login, the user will be required to change their password.
- Role – The user’s Role determines their permissions with the Safenetix web app and the Safenetix mobile app. See the User Roles section for an overview of each role.
- Click the Confirm button and you’ll see your newly created user on the page.
After creating a user, a welcome email will be sent to the email address provided. This email will include a link to Safenetix where the user can update their password.
Below are the user roles and the permissions for each:
- Administrator* – Can access to all areas of the web application (app.safenetix.com) as well as the mobile app.
- Groups Administrator* – Same as the Administrator user role, however this user can only access the Groups they are assigned to. If they aren’t assigned to any groups, then they won’t be able to do anything with the app. Check out the Setting Up Your Locations section for details on how to add users to a group.
- Inspector – Can only access the mobile app and the jobs assigned to them.
- Report Viewer – Users with this role can only access the Dashboard and the Reports page.
*Users with these roles will count towards your subscription’s Max Admin Users.
Setting Up Your Locations:
To keep things organized, Safenetix offers 3 levels of locations, Group > Facility > Floor. On the floor level you’ll have your assets, such as fire doors and dampers (coming soon).
First you’ll need to set up a Group. A group can represent anything from a region to a campus. Only users with the Administrator or Groups Administrator user role can access the Groups page.
Note: All locations can be edited after creation, however Facilities, Floors, and Assets cannot be moved to a different location.
To set up a Group:
- Log in to your Safenetix account and click Groups in the left navigation.
- Click Add Group in the upper right corner. This will prompt an Add Group screen to appear.
- Fill out all fields and click Confirm. Your new Group should appear on the page.
Now that you have a Group, you can create Facilities under that Group.
To add a Facility:
- Find the Group you’d like to create a Facility under.
- To the far right, click the three dots for that Group and then click Add Facility.
- In the screen that appears, fill in all fields and click Confirm.
- Your new Facility should appear on the page under the parent Group. Click on a Group to expand the Facilities under that Group.
Creating Floors and Assets
Once you have your Facilities in place you can create Floors and the fire doors located on those floors. This isn’t a required step since Floor and Assets can also be created on the fly while performing a job.
Both Floors and Assets can be created in the same way you created a Facility.
To add a Floor, click the three dots icon next to a Facility and click Add Floor.
To add an Asset, click the three dots icon next to a Floor and click
Once you have your facilities and users created, you can start creating jobs.
Open up the Add New Job screen:
Go to Jobs and click on the Add Job button in the upper right corner.
The Add New Job screen will appear with all the fields required for creating a job. You always update any part of a job after creating it.
Choose a unique name for your job:
First, enter in a Job Name, keeping in mind that Job Name must be unique, since it’s the main identifier that can be used for looking up or reporting on a specific job.
We recommend coming up with some sort of naming convention that indicates the job’s Location and/or Service to keep your jobs organized and to make searching for a specific job easier.
Select the type of Job:
The Service dropdown will contain all Services enabled for your organization.
The Inspection Type dropdown will show all the forms for the selected Service. The selected form will be used during the inspection. For more information, take a look at the Services and Forms section.
Click the Choose Location button and another screen will appear with your Groups. Clicking on a Group will expand it to show your Facilities and clicking on a Facility will expand to show all Floors for that Facility.
You can only select one Group, but you can select any number of Facilities and Floors under that Group.
Once you’ve selected all locations, click the Add button.
Assigning a User to the Job
Click the Add User/s button. A screen should appear with a dropdown that contains your organization’s users.
Select a user and click Add.
On the next screen you’ll see all the locations you selected in the previous step. Selecting the Group will select all Facilities and Floors within the Group. You can expand each location level to pick specific Facilities and Floors for this user.
Once you’ve selected the locations this user should inspect, click Add. You’ll be returned to the main Add New Job screen that now shows the newly assigned user. To assign multiple users, check out the next section.
Assigning Multiple Users
Some jobs require more than one user, so Safenetix allows for multiple users to be assigned to a single job. To do this you’ll need to select the Facilities each user is assigned to so that users aren’t tasked with inspecting the same fire doors.
Finalizing the job:
Once you’ve filled out all the required details for the new job, click Add. The job should appear on the page with a clock icon which indicates the job is In Progress.
The next step for your newly created job would be for the assigned inspector(s) to perform the job using their mobile device. Skip down to the Mobile App section for more information on how to perform a job.
Completing a job:
Once an inspector has finished inspecting all assets, an Administrator can click the three dots next to the job and choose Complete Job. Choose a date that the job should be considered Completed and click Confirm.
You can also view the inspection results as well as any pictures for each asset by clicking View All Inspections.
Completed jobs will show with a checkmark icon. Once a job is completed, you can run a report on the job. See the Reports section for more information.
To run reports on your Completed job, click on Reports in the left navigation.
Safenetix offers reports in Excel (.xlxs) and PDF formats. See the sections below to see what each report type offers.
In the Search By field, you can select Job or Group:
- Searching by Job will allow you to include all Completed jobs or a specific Completed job within the date range set.
- Searching by Group will allow you to select one of your location Groups and report on the jobs that were Completed for the selected Group.
The Excel report is intended for exporting all the inspection data for the Completed jobs you select.
The Excel reports will not include any pictures taken during the inspection.
PDF Reports will feature:
- A cover page indicating the report type, your company’s logo, and the location Group the jobs pertain to.
- A summary of the results of the inspection showing the number of Compliant, Non-Compliant, Removed, and Inaccessible assets for each job as well as a total.
- The specific deficiency codes that were recorded during the inspection.
- Pie charts displaying the breakdown of assets type (fire rating in the case of door inspections) and the NFPA codes recorded.
- An itemized table of each asset inspected, the user assigned, the completed date, and the status of the asset.
- Lastly, each asset inspected will have it’s own table showing a more granular look at each asset that was inspected and all the details that were recorded with it. This will also include the pictures taken for the inspection.
Additionally, there are two different PDF report types, Detailed and Snapshot. The Detailed report will include the full NFPA codes and descriptions for the details of each inspection while the Snapshot will not include the NFPA codes and descriptions.
Services and Forms
Click Services in the left navigation to view the Services currently enabled for your account.
You can contact us at email@example.com for any Services you’d like enabled for your account. Enabling additional Services
You can view the job Forms that come with each of your enabled Services by clicking on Forms in the left navigation.
If you click on the three dots icon next to a form you can click Edit Form to enable or disable any specific fields.
The Safenetix app is available on both iOS and Android and can be found in the App Store and Google Play store respectively.
Keep in mind that your Safenetix subscription has a limit to the number of devices you can register with your account. When you log into the Safenetix app for the first time on a device, the app will register that device to your account.
Once you’ve downloaded the app on your device, you can log in with your username and password. After logging in the app will sync your organization and job data to your device.
Choosing a service:
When everything has loaded, you’ll be presented with a list of Services. Services that are greyed out are disabled for your organization.
Choose the Service that your job falls under and the app will display the Home screen where all In Progress and Completed jobs will show.
Once you’ve chosen a Service, you can pick a different Service in the app by tapping the Settings tab in the bottom right and tapping Change Portal.
Viewing a job:
Tapping on an In Progress or Completed job will take you to a Job Details screen. At the top you’ll see details about the job, the job’s name, location information, and the job progress.
Below this you’ll find all the assets associated with the job. In Safenetix, an asset is the item being inspected or repaired such as fire doors or dampers.
Starting a job:
To get started on a job, tap on one of your In Progress jobs.
If you have assets already associated with the job, you can tap on one. The Update Asset screen will appear where you can view or edit the asset’s details.
Creating and looking up assets:
If you need to create a new asset or look up an asset, tap on the Quick Start button. This will take you to the Lookup Asset screen.
You can enter in the asset’s name or you can click the icon on the right to scan the asset’s QR code (you may need to grant permission for the app to use your device’s camera).
If the asset exists then you’ll be taken to the Update Asset screen where you can view and edit the asset’s details.
If the asset doesn’t exist in your account then you’ll be taken to the Create Asset screen where you can fill in the details of your new asset.
Removed or blocked assets:
If the asset is physically missing or you aren’t able to access it, then you can check the appropriate box below the Asset Name field.
The button at the bottom of the screen will now say Skip Inspection and the app will return you to the Job Details screen where the missing or blocked asset will show an icon indicating its status.
Beginning the inspection or repair:
Once all your asset information is up-to-date on the Update or Create Asset screen, you can click the Start Inspection button at the bottom. The button will remain greyed out if any required fields aren’t filled in.
The Start Inspection button will take you to a screen with all the fields required for the inspection. Tap on the camera icon next to any field to take a picture and fields with a red camera icon means a picture is required.
Tap on the downward facing arrow on any fields to select an option.
If there are any fields you find unnecessary, an Admin in your organization can disable them in the web application on the Forms page. Take a look at the Services and Forms section for additional information.
Completing a Job:
Once all assets have been inspected, an Admin in your organization can view the results of your inspection and can Complete the job. More information on completing a job can be found in the Jobs section of this article.
The Safenetix mobile app was designed to work even if your device is offline or has a weak signal due to the job’s location. Whenever your device regains connectivity, the app will attempt to send all inspection data that couldn’t be synced while offline.
You can check to see if any data, such as submitted inspection forms or pictures, still needs to be uploaded by tapping on the Sync tab at the bottom of the app.
This will show you anything waiting to be uploaded to your account and anything that still needs to be downloaded.
You can also review the history of items that have been uploaded/downloaded.